Skip to main content
Consider the following as you maintain and manage your technology assets
- Be Proactive
- Inventory existing software used by your department, to help anticipate renewal dates and plan accordingly.
- The typical engagement timeline for a VRA is up to 4 months, depending upon the cooperation of the vendor.
- If there is an existing VRA, the engagement timeline may be reduced.
- Existing VRAs that are more than a year old may require update or reassessment be conducted.
- Be Aware
- Shared Services Organization will not process a purchase request without verification that a risk assessment has been completed.
- Supply Chain Management will not initiate a PO without the appropriate approvals.
- VRAs are use case specific. Therefore, an existing VRA for a technology purchase you are interested in may require reassessment based on your use case.
- Prior to making a technology purchase based on pre-existing VRA, departments should review associated recommendations with ISO.
- While you may have made recent technology purchases without a VRA, those same purchases or renewals will require a VRA going forward.